Instructions for storage, installation, and maintenance of massive parquets and floors and multi-layer floors29.09.2020.
- The storage area must be dry and ventilated; the stored product must not come into direct contact with water or other liquids.
- The product must not be stored in an area where other activities could directly influence its quality.
- The product must not be stored outdoors, where it could be affected by moisture, sun, and wind.
- Ambient air temperature: 15-25ºC
- Ambient relative humidity: 40-60%
- The product MUST spend at least 48 hours in the premises before installation in order to acclimatize. The packages should not be opened until product installation.
- Wood is a natural material. Variations in color and structure are normal. For this reason, the product should be opened and shuffled immediately before installation – open 5 or 6 packages and choose the best combinations of colors and structures
- Any visible defects should be removed before the installation, since no complaints can be filed about the class and visible defects of an installed product.
- The product should be installed only on solid indoor surfaces.
- The surface must be flat, stable, without cracks.
- The moisture of the cement screeds should not exceed 2%. The product can be installed in moist premises (bathrooms, saunas etc.) according to the special instructions of the manufacturer.
- When the product is to be installed, the seller or the contractor should be consulted about the types of primers, glues, lacquers, and other materials required for the installation, because different kinds of wood in terms of botanical species and sizes react differently to specific conditions.
- The minimum conditions for the installation of the product (gluing, lacquering) are listed in the instructions of the manufacturers of glues and lacquers.
- Before the product is installed, any painting work should be finished, and the walls should be completely dry.
- Remove the protective thermofoil from the product immediately before the installation.
- Before lacquering and after gluing, the product should be left untouched for at least five (5) days.
INSTALLATION IN ROOMS WITH FLOOR HEATING
- Only multi-layer floors may be installed in rooms with floor heating.
- The product may be installed on low temperature floor heating only. The surface temperature of the product should not exceed 27ºC at the air temperature of 22ºC and the relative humidity of 40%-60%.
- If these instructions are not complied with, joints may appear on the product.
PRODUCT USE CONDITIONS
- Ambient air temperature: 15-25ºC
- Relative humidity: 40-60%
- In case of central heating, an air humidifier must be used.
- The premises must be aired regularly (a daily change of air).
- Cleaning with a wet cloth is not allowed.
- The premises containing the product must have chairs with AV wheels (which do not damage the surface) in accordance with DIN 68131 TIP W. Furniture legs should be equipped with firmly fixed felt pads. Place a mat at the front door.
MAINTENANCE OF LACQUERED PRODUCTS
- Apply the product polish thinly and evenly. Wait for it to dry. We recommend that you polish the surface after the application to additionally protect the product and make it shine evenly.
- They can be cleaned with cleaning agents for products and floors, a broom, a vacuum cleaner, or a dry cloth.
MAINTENANCE OF OILED PRODUCTS
- It is recommended to coat the installed floor with an additional layer of RM 2C Pure oil (Rubio Monocoat 2 Component). 2C indicates that the oil should be further mixed with the accelerator (Accelerator B) in the ratio of 1:3 (1 measure of the accelerator to 3 measures of oil). This reduces oil crystallization time to about 1 week; without the accelerator, protection is complete 3 weeks after applying the oil. The first coat after installing the product creates an additional layer of protection on the surface of the product and penetrates the space between the flooring elements, preventing dirt from entering. Apply the oil evenly, lightly, in the direction of wood structure (wood fiber). It is forbidden to roughly rub or press the surface of the product, as this damages the factorymade oil layer. After applying RM 2C Pure oil, wait for ten minutes and then wipe the product with a dry cotton cloth or a polishing machine to remove excess oil and obtain a uniform surface. After 24 hours the product will be dry enough to be walked on.
Allowed agents for the maintenance of oiled floors:
- RMC Soap is a soap for cleaning oiled floors. It thoroughly removes impurities and grease without leaving any traces of cleaning.
- Supplementary dedicated means for removing tannins, grease, and limescale from oiled surfaces.
- RMC Maintaince Oil serves for the maintenance of oiled surfaces.
- Within the first week after the installation, the floor should be cleaned with a dry cloth only. After the first week, the floor should be maintained with the RMC Soap cleaning agent.
- Clean the floor in the direction of wood fibers.
- Do not clean the floor with a wet cloth and strong pressure only, because this kind of maintenance has an abrasive effect on the protective layer.
- BEFORE IT IS THROWN AWAY, THE USED CLOTH MUST BE WASHED WITH WATER AND DRIED TO PREVENT SELF-IGNITION.
QUALITY COMPLAINTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN CASE OF:
- mechanical damage to lacquer or oil
- natural oxidation of wood
- use of unauthorized cleaning agents
- normal annual changes in product dimensions
- poorly installed hydro-isolation or any other penetration of water
- • poor quality of concrete or flooring labor
We only accept complaints about uninstalled products within 8 days of delivery and with a presented invoice.
THE FLOOR MANUFACTURER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY IN CASE OF NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS!